Part of


EK Specialist Surveys



Drone building surveying and mapping services are a relatively new and modern type of service where the technology is constantly evolving. Therefore we appreciate you might have some questions about the types of services we offer and the specific drone based technology we use.

Please find some common answers to FAQs / questions we get asked regularly by our clients. However if these don’t answer your specific question just get in touch below, we are always happy to talk.

Get in contact

Using a qualified and experienced drone pilot ensures that you receive professional services that are both legal and safe.

A commercial drone pilot will hold an operational authorisation (OA) from the civil aviation authority (CAA) more information can be found here

EK Digital have been using drones since 2013 with a specialism in the built environment. Our services are based on technical knowledge and experience to provide a professional service to all our clients.

All our fees are clear and easy to understand. If you would like to find out more please contact us for a copy of our brochure which includes all our standard fees.

All drone service providers are required to have public liability insurance as set out by the CAA. EK Digital carry £10million public liability insurance as standard.

EK Digital are proudly the first drone service providers to have achieved accreditation with both CHAS and Safe Contractors schemes and have carried accreditation for both organisations since 2014.

EK Digital is part of the Earl Kendrick Group, this enables us to provide reports from chartered surveyors from within our own organization. More information can be found here

Our standard lead time to undertake a drone survey is 7 days from instruction with delivery of the drone survey shortly after.  However in many circumstances we can get to site sooner if there is an urgent need to do so.

Yes, EK Digital has a long history of working with many survey companies.

Drone use in the UK is regulated by the Civil Aviation Authority; more information can be found here